all Things Equity
This article presents you with the key takeaways from the first session of Community Dialogues, namely “Lessons learned from high growth Romanian scaleups," an enlightening discussion together with:
Stay tuned as we unveil the key insights gleaned from this dynamic and knowledge-packed session, providing you with invaluable knowledge to navigate the venture startup investment world.
Investing in startups is often likened to holding a lottery ticket. While it can offer incredible opportunities for exponential growth and financial success, it is important to acknowledge that not all investments will yield the desired outcomes.
Just as not every lottery ticket leads to a jackpot, not every startup investment will result in a resounding success.
“You shouldn't think only in terms of single investments, but in terms of portfolio. What makes the difference between an angel investor and somebody just throwing money away, an angel investor distributes capital and builds a portfolio." says Cristian Munteanu, Founder & Managing Partner at Early Game Ventures.
Some investors invest in multiple failures and multiple success stories. And some investors invest in one company, grow it up to the sky, and never actually study it. However, they end up being highly successful, as well.
Both approaches are good. You just have to find your way.
“In today's world, what I'm investing in and looking for in a company is _spotless business execution ability. _
I'm searching for teams that can execute a business, and that's probably 80% of the investment decision. The other 20% is the patience, market, timing, and founders who understand that well.” says Radu Georgescu, serial entrepreneur and the visionary Founder of SeedBlink
There are three practical approaches to an investment thesis: people, tech, and markets. Some investors choose people as the key factor, and some investors choose tech as the secret sauce that drives the world.
Venture capital funds, such as Sequoia, preach about markets as the way to go. So, if you find a big enough market with a startup that tries to change anything, to invest in that.
Whether you're an aspiring investor or a seasoned professional, these takeaways are bound to enhance your understanding and inform your investment strategies. However, investing in startups involves inherent risks, and it is essential to recognize that trends in the startup landscape are subject to fluctuations.
The information provided in this article or any investment-related content should not be considered financial advice or a recommendation to invest in any specific company or industry. Investors must conduct their own thorough research and due diligence before making investment decisions.
SeedBlink S.A. is registered in the Register of the Romanian Financial Supervisory Authority (ASF), under number PJR28FSFPR/400001, as of 03.11.2022 with an EU passport as per European Securities and Market Authority (ESMA) register of crowdfunding services providers.
INVESTORSInvestment OpportunitiesDirect InvestmentSecondary MarketClub MembershipTestimonials InvestorsPricing StructureLog In
COMPANIESProducts & SolutionsApply for FinancingNimity: Equity ManagementTestimonials FoundersPricing structure